So lets recap on what you have learned so you can now put it all into action.
1. Research into what you want your website to do and who will be your target customers
2. Plan your site structure using the template download provided
3. Think about what type of web designer you want to use, or will you build your own
4. Purchase your domain name from one of the many domain resellers, or through the web designer
5. Decide on what website platform that has the functionality and usability that you want
6. Fill in the scope document with all of the detailed information including pages, functionality, price and agreements and confirm the details
7. The web designer then builds the site, including all functionality, copywriting and SEO as outlined in the scope document
8. Once completed, you need to review the site to make sure everything in the scope is included, and suggest any changes if required
9. The web designer makes any final changes to the site that you have suggested.
10. You check the site for the final time for any changes or issues. Get a link to the the staging site so you can work through the front end as a new site user and sign off
11. It is now time to publish your new website.
So Armed with the knowledge you have just learned, you will be able to choose the right web designer, which in turn gets you the right website that will be working for your business for years to come
I have included all of the downloads in the accordion below so you can get started right away
And don’t forget, if you would like to add any comments or questions in the discussion below, please do so and we can all share what we have learned.